Ecuadorian fishing firms created TUNACONS in July 2016 as a joint effort to promote a Fisheries Improvement Project (FIP) for purse-seine tuna fisheries. This effort will build a certification process under the Marine Stewardship Council Standard (MSC), a standard which is widely accepted in global markets as an acknowledgement that fishery products come from a sustainable production model.
- NEGOCIOS INDUSTRIALES REAL NIRSA S.A.
- GRUPO JADRAN
Ecuadorian fishing firms created TUNACONS in July 2016 as a joint effort to promote a Fisheries
- Achieve MSC certification by 2018
- Promote sustainable fish stocks guidelines during our certification process
- Minimize environmental impacts from our vessels in two years.
- Try to have effective management within two years
How is this FIP Doing?