Ecuadorian fishing firms created TUNACONS in July 2016 as a joint effort to promote a Fisheries Improvement Project (FIP) for purse-seine tuna fisheries. This effort will build a process to achieve Marine Stewardship Council Standard (MSC) certification. Meeting the MSC Standard is widely accepted in global markets with the acknowledgement that a certified fishery’s products come from a sustainable production model.
- NEGOCIOS INDUSTRIALES REAL NIRSA S.A.
- GRUPO JADRAN
Ecuadorian fishing firms created TUNACONS in July 2016 as a joint effort to promote a Fisheries
By 2018, this FIP aims to:
- Develop sustainable fish stocks guidelines during our certification process
- Achieve an effective management for the fishery
- Minimize environmental impacts from our vessels
- Achieve MSC certification
How is this FIP Doing?